You can drop off your filled shoe box @ SR during any of our services, but the LAST DAY to bring it in is Sunday, November 21st, 2021.
Every Christmas, Solid Rock reaches out to share God’s love with kids around the world! Operation Christmas Child, the world’s largest Christmas project, brings joy and hope to needy children around the world through gift-filled shoe boxes and the Good News of God’s love. Since 1993, more than 100 million shoe box gifts have been delivered to children in more than 130 countries. Pack a shoe box with small toys, hygiene items and school supplies for a child 2-4, 5-9 or 10-14 and share the love of Jesus Christ. Be a part of changing children’s lives all over the world in Jesus’ Name through the power of a simple gift with Operation Christmas Child.
A small shoebox can have a big impact. What goes into the box is fun, but what comes out of it is eternal. Be a part of changing children’s lives all over the world in Jesus’ Name through the power of a simple gift with Operation Christmas Child.
A small shoebox can teach a child about the love of God, lead him or her to faith in Christ, inspire pastors, and plant new churches. What goes into the box is fun, but what comes out is eternal. Be a part of changing lives through the power of a simple gift.
Pack a shoe box with small toys, hygiene items and school supplies for a boy or girl ages 2-4, 5-9 or 10-14 and share the love of Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse requests $9 to help ship the show boxes around the world. Please fill your shoebox, place $9 in an envelope on the top, & put a rubber band around to keep it closed. (Do not tape it).
*If you give the $9 online, you can track where your shoe box goes! Just click here.
- Gift Suggestions
- Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- Tools: for the older kids. The dollar stores have a good selection of small hand tools.
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
For more info, visit https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/