Pastor Jim Bradford is an Ordained Minister with the Assemblies of God, a graduate of Valley Forge Christian College, and the founding Pastor of Solid Rock Worship Center. Pastor Jim has served the community since Solid Rock’s first service on May 21, 2006. Before starting Solid Rock Worship Center, he served for over 10 years in ministry to teenagers and their families. His heart is to share the message of Christ with those who have not heard, and to help them reach every dream and goal that God created them for.
“I want to see people become all that God has created them to be. And this can only happen when we build our lives upon his Word. God wants to bless us & give us peace & hope. And He can only do those things when we completely surrender everything to Him and stop trying to build our lives upon our own thoughts & desires. It’s only when we choose to make Christ and His Word the foundation for our lives that we will experience the ‘abundant life’ that Jesus speaks of.”
His hobbies include spending time with the family & playing guitar. He is also an avid Philadelphia Eagles fan & cheers for basically anyone who plays against the Dallas Cowboys.
He lives with his wonderful wife of over 20 years, Donna, their daughter, and their dog (who are also all Philadelphia Eagles fans).
- Louder Than Words: The Power of Uncompromised Living
by Andy Stanley
- What the Bible Is All About NIV: Bible Handbook
The audio version is also very good.
- The Real Faith : Original Pentecostal Classics Edition
by Dr. Charles S. Price, intro by Tim Enloe
- The Pursuit of God (Updated Version)
by A. W. Tozer
- Experiencing God Day-By-Day: A Devotional
by Henry T. Blackaby
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
by Stephen Covey
His favorite verses from the Bible include:
- “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
– 1 John 1:9 (NIV)
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
– Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
- “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
– Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)
- “The LORD has said to me in the strongest terms: ‘Do not think like everyone else does. Do not be afraid that some plan conceived behind closed doors will be the end of you. Do not fear anything except the LORD Almighty. He alone is the Holy One. If you fear him, you need fear nothing else. He will keep you safe…'”
– Isaiah 8:11 – 14a (NLT 1st Edition)
- “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow-not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below-indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
– Rom 8:38-39 (NLT)
- “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.”
– Rom 10:9-10 (NLT)
- “Peter replied, ‘Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off-for all whom the Lord our God will call.'”
– Acts 2:38 – 39 (NIV)
- “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.”
– Jesus in Revelation 3:20 (NLT)