Our Team: The value of a Team is greater than the sum of it’s parts. This is true regardless of whether you’re talking about a sports team working hard to win a championship, or the Solid Rock Team working hard for the Champion of our Faith, Jesus Christ. Both teams need players who will give of themselves in order to accomplish far more than they ever could have alone. Solid Rock Worship Center is strong, in part, due to the great Team of people who faithfully give of themselves for the cause of Christ.
Our Name: “Solid Rock” comes from the words of Jesus, as recorded in Matthew 7:24-27 (NLT).
“Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock.
“But anyone who hears my teaching and ignores it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”
Our Message: Only those who build their lives on Christ will be truly successful in this life & for eternity.
Our Vision: An ever-growing community built on Christ, in which …
- the dead find life
- the sick are healed
- the broken are restored
- the hungry are filled
- the captives are set free
Our Mission: To build lives on Christ, we…
- obey the Word
- passionately Worship
- live in Community
- Serve the King
- Rescue the dying
- experience salvation
- be baptized in water
- live a consistent Christian life
- regularly support the church through prayer & finances
- accept our statement of faith
- at least 18 years of age
- regularly attend for a period of 6 months
- agree to serve under the leadership of SR
- sign the “Team Member Covenant”
The Commitment: Every Solid Rock Team Member agrees to the following four areas. Together, they create an acronym with the word “F.A.S.T.”
- with my Feet (to regularly attend the services) Heb. 10:25 (NLT)
- with my Finances (to support the church by tithing) 1 Cor. 16:2 (NLT), Lev. 27:30 (NLT)
- to the Family (by being loyal to the church & pastor) Rom. 14:19 (NLT), 1 Pet. 1:22 (NLT)
- to the Focus (the pastor’s vision for the church) Heb. 13:17 (NLT)
- to the Fellowship (by upholding our statement of faith) click here
- to help & serve 1 Pet. 4:10 (NLT)
- to use the gifts & abilities God has given me Rom. 12:6-8 (NLT)
- to regularly spend time in Prayer Jer. 29:13 (NLT)
- to be a Student of God’s Word Heb. 4:12-13 (NLT)
- to live a godly life 2 Chron. 7:14 (NLT)
- to submit to the authority God has placed over me Heb. 13:17 (NLT)
- to have a servant’s heart & remain humble 1 Pet. 3:8 (NLT)
What do I need to do? If you meet the requirements & agree to the Team Member Commitments, click here & prayerfully sign the “Team Member Covenant.” Then give the Covenant to the Pastor or place it in the offering.
- All applicants will then need to be approved as a Team Member by the Pastor and the Board of Deacons. Pending approval, the applicants will become official Team Members of Solid Rock Worship Center & be introduced to the congregation.
Thank you for taking a moment & considering this important step in your life to become a part of the Solid Rock Team! The Lord is at work and it is a privilege to be a part of what He is doing. Together, as a Team, we can realize our vision of becoming an ever-growing community built on Christ, in which the dead find life, the sick are healed, the broken are restored, the hungry are filled, & the captives are set free!
Let’s continue to serve the King of kings with all that we have for as long as we have!
– Pastor Jim Bradford